Trade Silver with AvaTrade UK
Silver is one of the rarest metals on earth, and is considered a high-demand commodity by many traders. The silver trading symbol Is YI.
- Trade gold Silver and other metals with competitive spreads
- Comfortable leverage of on silver
- Take your pick between manual and auto trading platforms
- Express any market view and employ different strategies
- Enjoy a top quality 24/5 live customer service in 14 languages
- Trade on the move from your mobile phone, tablet or web trading
Trade Silver with the UK’s #1 licensed and regulated broker today, & enjoy high leverage and the benefits of trading UK with award-winning broker!
The Silver Market
Silver is traded in 3 main places around the globe: the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYME), the London Metal Exchange (LME) and the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT). The silver trading hours begin at 00:00 until 21:00 GMT, and from 22:00 to 24:00 GMT – 23 hours around the globe
What Affects the Silver Price
The silver trading price is affected by many factors. Here are a few:
- As a natural resource, silver has to be mined from the ground. As such its supply is often inconsistent with demand leading to fluctuations in its price. In recent years, Mexico was the world’s main silver miner, with some 5,000 metric tons produced in 2014. The USA is the world’s leading consumer of silver with about 20%, and India and China are in second place with approximately 18%.
- Use of silver divides to different areas; more than 50% of mined silver goes to the movie industry, used to create sensitive materials reflecting the light. Other uses are in different industries, including military – about 500 ounces of silver are used in every tomahawk missile. Only 3% goes to the jewelry industry. Demand from any of these sectors leads to a change its price.
Silver CFD Trading
Like the many other instruments, silver is not physically bought or sold, rather traded on its price, known as Contract For Difference (CFD). When trading silver CFD the trader doesn’t own the instrument, but can benefit from the changes in its value. The contract is between the trader and the broker, and the prices are derived from the real instrument price.
As silver is not a very common commodity, not every trader can gain easy access to it, especially when the minimum amount for purchase is 100 unites. Trading the contract for difference rather than the product itself allows every trader to benefit from this commodity.
When buying or selling real silver, people have to invest a lot of their own capital funds. However, when trading CFD one can employ a leverage, which decreases significantly the amount he needs to invest.
If, for some reason, a certain commodity’s price drops, people who own are left with physical product with a low value. However, when having a CFD position opened, all the trader needs to do is close it, thus minimising the risk he takes.
Silver Trading With AvaTrade
Trading silver is no different than any other instrument, however you should look for a broker with a certain and safe regulation, which guarantees your funds are safe and your account is well kept under heavy encryption. Adding to this also education materials on the highest level, and together they combine to a broker that will allow you to trade with a peace of mind.