What is Ripple
The Ripple Cryptocurrency is an open payment system in beta. Its goal is to allow people to break free from financial institutions like banks, credit card companies, and other networks that enforce fees and foster delays. As per market size and capital, Ripple is the third-largest cryptocurrency, sitting just behind Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The Ripple network now has billions of dollars’ worth of cryptocurrency on account. It was built as a digital payments network for real-time financial transactions, and is also the core owner of Ripple XRP, the digital coin that increased its value 40 times in 2017 alone.
Open your trading account now with the #1 licensed and regulated UK broker.
AvaTrade it’s your ultimate choice.
To avoid confusion, the network is referred to as Ripple, and the Ripple coin as XPR – Ripples. The frequency of releasing new coins into the system influences the price and rate. In total, there are 100 billion XRPs in existence, and Ripple owns approximately 60 percent of them. If you take all this valuation into account, it would be worth more than several US tech startups put together. XRP is majority owned and tied to a single company.
Ripple is constantly investing in its network and growing partnerships with global firms and financial institutions. Some of the banks that have signed on to use Ripple include BBVA, SEB, Start One Credit Union, and Cambridge Global Payments.
As the market and network continues to grow, so does the potential of Ripple’s value.
How to Trade Ripple CFDs in 4 Easy Steps:
- Open a trading UK account with AvaTrade
- Fund your account
- Enter your preferred investment amount
- BUY (Go Long) or SELL (Go Short) Ripple
Advantages of Trading Ripple with AvaTrade
- We offer Ripple CFD trades with up to leverage
- You can start trading Ripple from as little as
- This volatile crypto makes for an excellent addition to any financial trading portfolio
- AvaTrade is one of the only brokers that offers around-the-clock Ripple trading in UK, for maximum convenience
- You can sell Ripple (Go Short) and potentially profit even when the market price is in a downtrend
- Enjoy live language-specific customer support around the clock
- AvaTrade offers zero commissions on Ripple trading in UK and no bank fees charged on transactions
- Zero exposure to hacking or theft simply because you don’t actually own a digital wallet
- AvaTrade is regulated on 5 continents
- Execute trades in just 3 clicks, free from the complex crypto purchasing process
Start trading Ripple with Avatrade & enjoy high trading leverage and the benefits of an award-winning broker!
Based on the Ripple website, their concept is a “basic infrastructure technology”.
The idea of Ripple was developed in 2004 by Ryan Fugger from Vancouver, Canada. The currency was developed during the following ten years until finally, in 2014, various large banks started using Ripple and the related payment networks. The Ripple system offers numerous advantages to banks, like distributed ledgers, price and security.
The company behind Ripple is “OpenCoin”. There are two separate entities that make up Ripple:
- The payment network – Ripple
- The actual currency on the payment network – XRP Ripple
Building on the decentralised digital system, Ripple’s concept is to work with different payment systems worldwide.
Ripple allows businesses to perform transactions within 3-5 seconds. The payments are processed and received automatically and are irreversible. Various financial institutions worldwide have established partnerships and started using the Ripple system.
In many ways, Bitcoin and Ripple are similar. Like Bitcoin, the Ripple coin has a limited number of units that can be mined. Both can be transferred from peer to peer, and both have digital security keys to prevent face transactions of coins. Payment information on the ledger is private, however transaction information is public.
The people behind Ripple insist that they provide faster transaction times than Bitcoin, because there is no waiting on block confirmation and transactions transmit through their network very rapidly.
The Differences Between Bitcoin and Ripple Trading
- Both are open source – not owned by any one company or any individual
- Transactions for both can be anonymous and free on the internet
- Both Bitcoin and Ripple are decentralized currencies (no banks or approvals needed)
- Ripple is faster in processing transactions and more energy-efficient than Bitcoin
- Bitcoin is owned by a community; Ripple is owned by a private company and its internal ledger is a closed affair
- The total valuation of all bitcoins in circulation stands at approximately $270 billion, while Ripple is at $120 billion
Bitcoin wants to change WHAT we are pay with; Ripple wants to change HOW we are pay.
When trading with AvaTrade you are trading on the price changes of the digital coin, and not physically purchasing it.
The maximum accumulated position size for Ripple is $250,000 notional value, details in our Conditions and Charges page.