PROFESSIONAL TRADING WITH AVATRADE
& Become professional
To be eligible for a professional account you will need to meet at least 2 of the following criteria:
- Sufficient trading activity in the last 12 months
- You have carried out transactions, in significant size, on the relevant market at an average frequency of 10 per quarter over the previous four quarters (with AvaTrade or other providers). Relevant market – OTC derivatives such as leveraged CFDs or Forex.
- Recent (within last month) account statements in pdf from trading accounts with regulated brokers is required as proof that you meet the trading requirement. .
- You work or have worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position, which requires knowledge of the transactions or services you desire to engaged in, i.e., OTC derivatives such as leveraged CFDs or Forex.
- A letter from employer confirming that you were employed for more than a year in the financial sector and your role required knowledge of OTC leveraged derivatives/trading is required as proof that you meet the trading requirement relevant experience requirement.
- Financial instrument portfolio of over €500,000. Financial instruments include shares, derivatives (only cash deposits made to fund/profits realised from investing in derivatives), debt instruments and cash deposits. It does not include property portfolios, direct commodity ownership or notional values of leveraged instruments.
- Recent (within last month) bank account statements (eStatements) and/or account statements in pdf from trading accounts with regulated brokers is required as proof that you meet the financial instrument portfolio of over €500,000 requirement.
Note: the above (Professional trading process) is applicable only to the following countries (under EU regulations):
Austria, Italy, Belgium, Latvia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Malta, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Portugal, Finland, Romania, France, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Spain, Hungary, Sweden, Ireland, United Kingdom.