Get the AvaTradeGo App Now
Meet MetaTrader 4
Since its introduction in 2002, MT4 has become the industry benchmark in online trading. Easily customisable, it is both user-friendly for novices, and totally comprehensive, for seasoned market pros.
Why Use AvaTrade MT4?
The Metatrader 4 is the most powerful platform in the world
Open an account to trade with competitive spreads on the world’s most powerful and advanced platform.
Maximise the platform easily from your PC, iOS or Android phones and tablets, as well as directly on the web.
Displaying multiple time frames, analytical objects and technical indicators on ﬂexible and interactive charts.
A personalised trading feedback tool, helping you to improve your decision making and trading performance.
AvaTrade MT4 is neat, user-friendly, easily navigable and – at the same time – packed with abundant professional-grade features.
Hedging is allowed
You can hedge your positions to protect yourself from market uncertainties, such as volatility.
MetaTrader 4 Features
MetaTrader 4 features the highest security and technology standards. It supports the native MQL4 (MetaQuotes Language 4) programming language, which enables the development of various custom trading tools to be utilised on the MetaTrader 4 trading platform. MQL4 is based on the popular C++ and its flexibility can help create the following:
- Expert Advisors (EAs). EAs are basically programmes that make it possible to apply automated trading strategies in the forex market.
- Custom Indicators. Aside from the built-in technical indicators, traders can also develop their own custom mathematical tools to perform any analytical operation based on defined conditions.
- Scripts. A script is an application that can be programmed to perform any function on the MetaTrader platform. For instance, there can be a script to close all pending orders or to delete all the indicators on a chart.
- Libraries. These are sets of custom functions that are designed to store and easily distribute parts of custom applications that are commonly used on the MetaTrader 4 platform.
- What is the difference between MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5?
Traders can use either the older MetaTrader 4 or the newer MetaTrader 5 for their trading and be equally successful. The older MetaTrader 4 is specifically designed for forex trading, and it excels in the currency markets. The newer MetaTrader 5 was designed to be more effective in trading CFDs, futures, and stocks. MetaTrader 5 also features advanced order management and has more timeframes to access. MetaTrader 5 also saw the MQL4 programming language upgraded to MQL5, which is both easier to use and more powerful.
- How much does it cost to use MetaTrader 4?
It costs nothing to use MetaTrader 4. The download is available from your broker for free, and any licensing fees are paid by the broker to MetaQuotes, the makers of MetaTrader 4. You might be interested to know that according to MetaQuotes the full license for MetaTrader 4 costs $100,000 and there is an additional sum of around $15,000 per month for hosting, bridging, hiring 24/5 support and other services. That’s not cheap, but all of the costs are borne by the broker, making it more cost-effective and easier for their clients to start trading.
- Is MetaTrader 4 the best trading platform there is?
MetaTrader is probably the most well-known trading platform there is, simply because it has been available for so many years and from so many brokers. It’s not the only trading platform out there however. There are others such as NinjaTrader and the Interactive Brokers or TD Ameritrade terminals. And yet for forex trading, and for most retail traders MetaTrader remains the best trading platform with the greatest functionality and ease of use. It also has the largest community and the broadest array of plugins and addons.
Here are the main features of the AvaTrade UK MetaTrader 4 trading platform:
- One-click trading
- EA functionality
- 9 timeframes (M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, Daily, Weekly and Monthly)
- 3 charts (line, bar and candlesticks) with direct trading from charts
- 30 built-in indicators
- 24 graphical objects
- 1 single login across all your trading platforms
- Guaranteed full data back-up and security
- 4 pending order types
- Trade history information
- Micro lots available
- Internal mailing system
- News streaming
- Built-in MT4 and MQL4 guides
MetaTrader 4 Accessibility
How to Use MT4 on PC
- Click on the AvaTrade MetaTrader 4 download link here
- Run the avafx.exe file
- Enter your real or demo account login information
- Begin trading
AvaTrade MetaTrader4 minimum system requirements
- Window 7 or higher
- Intel Celeron processor with a frequency of 1.7 GHz or higher
- 256MB RAM or higher
- 50MB free hard drive space
The AvaTrade MetaTrader 4 web platform allows you to trade directly from your browser. To access it, simply open the MetaTrader 4 page on the AvaTrade UK website and click on ‘Web’. Enter your trading account login credentials and begin trading. Any browser or operating system can be used, and you will only require an Internet connection in order to trade.
- Real-time quotes in MarketWatch
- Reliable data protection
- Compatibility with Windows, macOS and Linux.
The AvaTrade MetaTrader 4 platform in UK is also available for both Android and iOS mobile devices. Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store ,download MetaTrader 4 by MetaQuotes Software Corp. and log into your account by selecting your broker, server, and login details.
- Financial market news
- Free trading community chat function
- Trade on the go
AvaTrade UK is a world leading broker join us today!
Start Trading MT4
Open your trading account and begin trading with as little as . Join now and enjoy all the beneﬁts of trading with a regulated, award-winning broker!